If you are: an enthusiastic tax professional with at least twelve months’ of experience working in the tax industry, who can work well within a supportive team and on your own, with excellent administrative, organisational and number skills, this role will suit you.
Your experience must include at a minimum:
- Understanding of the Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax calculations.
- Understanding of reliefs to include:
- Property Allowance and Trading Allowances
- Married Couples Allowance and Marriage Allowance Transfer
- Principal Private Residence Relief
- Business Asset Disposal Relief
- Basic understanding of National Insurance Contributions.
- Basic understanding of the Statutory Residence Test.
- Awareness of Farmers’ Averaging.
- A history of processing Personal and Partnership Self Assessment Tax Returns.
- Awareness of the 60-day Capital Gains Tax reporting regime.
If currently training towards a qualification (ATT and/ or CTA), this will be continued.
The role: involves primarily the preparation of Self Assessment Tax Returns using IRIS Accountancy software, for which training will be provided.
It will include liaising with HM Revenue and Customs, as well as touching base with clients to discuss their tax position and proactively looking for ways to save them tax – a desire to deliver excellent client service is a must.
You will also be expected to complete online 60-day Capital Gains Tax submissions to HMRC; training will be given on this as required.
Additional desirable skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Good use of own initiative with a common-sense approach.
- A keen eye for detail.
ATC Advisors: are the fresh new face to a long-standing firm of Accountants, acting for a diverse range of clients with the understanding that each client is unique. Our trusted advisors guide our clients through changing environments to help them achieve their aspirations.
At ATC we:
- Support you to reach your true potential, with annual training plans to develop your knowledge, experience and skills along each step of a successful career.
- Provide fully funded training, and pay professional subscriptions once qualified.
- Offer flexi-time working, as well as hybrid working (subject to experience), and have a modern IT system and proactive approach to developing systems to support these working styles.
- Pay a Travel Allowance and a Working from Home Allowance, as applicable.
- Have a workplace pension scheme, offer commission for introducing clients, and give bonus holiday for meeting targets.
- Have Enhanced Sick Pay and free access to Health and Wellbeing support.
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive market rate, dependent upon experience.
- Competitive market rate, dependent upon experience
- Core Working Hours
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Place of Work:
- Launceston Apply Now